I am so excited about Tigerfest and as I sat down to write this blog, I thought to myself, "Why would anyone not want to come to Tigerfest this Friday afternoon?!"
I racked my brain and it was really difficult but I finally came up with six reasons why you might not want to come to one of the most fun afternoons at Darlington. Here they are in no particular order:
1. You hate funnel cake, cotton candy and sno-cones.
2. Spending the afternoon with your friends playing laser tag, bouncing around on inflatables, or escaping the August heat on a waterslide is just not your thing.
3. You just don't really understand this thing they call "school spirit."
4. Tigers are horrible smelly creatures.
5. You just don't care for the color purple all that much.
6. You go to Coosa, Model, Bremen or some other school.
Well, you get the point by now. Tigerfest is a celebration for Tigers of all ages. There will be lots of fun activities, great food, a pep rally, spirit parade, lots of purple and much more. The best part is, it's all FREE!
Festivities will kick off with our One School Pep Rally at 2:15 p.m. and will continue on The Quad in front of the girls' houses from 3 to 6 p.m. At 6:30 p.m., we will have a spirit parade over to Chris Hunter Stadium for the first home football game!
Come on out and show your Tiger Spirit! All Darlington students, families and friends are invited. See the Announcements page for a complete line up of activities.
We hope to see you there!